Ask J̶e̶e̶v̶e̶s̶ Jerry Thread

Comments

• CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    Rubbing Alcohol or acetone prolly
    Neither were quite strong enough, Or at least the ones I tried weren't. It turns out whoever painted it did a pretty legit job for using rattle cans. It was surfaced prepped with multiple layers of primer and paint coats.
    @Miguel said:
    Scuff it and paint more
    I ended up deciding to not be lazy and wet sanded it all off. I polished up the alloy and left the crabon n00d. It took a ridiculous amount of time, but it turned out really nice

• bschultzbschultz Riding Level: 391
    Sweet!
  • philpotphilpot Riding Level: 219
    Hey Jerry,
    What do you think of Hed Track wheels? The alloy Ardennes with 24 spokes. Are they up to street riding on a fixie?
  • qrohlf Riding Level: 8
    Any tips on replacement hood covers for old Sora 3400 levers? Shimano discontinued the official replacements, and mine are currently disintegrating from UV and leaving black goop everywhere.
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,327
    buy new shifters
  • McRussellPantsMcRussellPants Riding Level: 682
    edited June 2017
    @philpot said:
    Hey Jerry,
    What do you think of Hed Track wheels? The alloy Ardennes with 24 spokes. Are they up to street riding on a fixie?
    1200 bones for HED Belgium's and eBay hubs seems tyte.
  • bicyclefunkbicyclefunk Riding Level: 717
    Do clothing companies still produce tank tops? Or do you have to find them second hand?

I need to look at the website again
    @Miguel said:
    I need to look at the website again
    I actually forgot that we were trying to get tanks printed. At this point I've only got access to my own screen and no other equipment. Also, I'm moving to Eugene Sunday
    Awesome, I'll drop ship them to your new place: I'll send art. You just get the white discharge or whatever ink and we'll make it good. PS did u see my new tank top on insta
    I did not have you on insta, now I have you on insta

we will make this happen
  • bouticrackabouticracka Riding Level: 308
    Do I want a new karate monkey or a krampus? And where do I buy one from?
    No dude why. Do you just want a fuckaround fat tire bike? Are you really going to get out of town? how about a Kona unit? Start there, they're better than surly turds
    I've got a size L salsa el mar that I want to get rid of but I think you're more in XL territory, right? Start trolling pinkbike classifieds and looking for stuff
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,342
    new surly stuff sucks, i had a krampus on order, but surly dicked around so long getting those things shipped that i cancelled it. for the same amount of money as the 75% build i was putting together (relying heavily on my parts closet), i can go walk in to a shop and buy a Trek Stache 5, which I'm going to do when they 2018's come out the last week of august. i might end up on a stache 7, but either way, they both come with big ol tires and a dropper post.
    Yeah dude new bikes! you need a dropper because it adds approximately 75-80% more fun

And also maybe buying from a company that puts some r&d into their products instead of just sitting around and thinking about fat bikes and how you can kludge together a multi use dropout
    @bouticracka what did you decide

update report:
    you guys are living in the wrong city
    i knew that 7 years ago
  • bschultzbschultz Riding Level: 391
    FROWNING PILE OF POO

MOON CAKE
    garbage
    @Miguel said:
    @bouticracka what did you decide

2013(?) karate monkey from Lucas. It's nice.
    edited August 2017
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 875
    Hello Jerry, it's been awhile. I was wondering if I can run 1X11 6800 rear with a XT shifter pod. I want to run a flat bar on my Rock Lobster
    dump the 6800 derailleur and get an SLX M7000 rear mech for ~$53, you won't regret having a clutch'd derdangler
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 875
    Thanks Jer Bear
    shorts that are good for riding that don't cost more than $40?
    Like baggies or stretch pants with a chamois?
    Cut off slim dickies?