PIZZA THREAD!

jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,316
edited August 2015 in Bullshittin'
This discussion was created from comments split from: PIZZA THREAD.

Comments

• wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,145
    edited May 2015
    Since dude is from Illinois Wisconsin and apparently can't tell the difference between pizza and burritos. Haikus optional until declared otherwise.
    I was making these little pizzas with flatbread and mozzarella from Trader Joe's, and they were hella good but they also turned my poop into painful tiny brown rocks.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,316
    i like tiny french bread pizza
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,354
    I love when people move here and recommended really popular places to eat like they just discovered them.

funny story: @Tim recommended we eat at Pizzicato and described it as a "mom and pop shop" with the BEST pizza.
  • RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
    Tim is awesome! Best pizza place is flying pie!
    wrong, best pizza is Rocco's, BUT IT'S FUCKING GONE
  • RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
    I heard that pizza was terrible?
    @jerry said:
    wrong, best pizza is Rocco's, BUT IT'S FUCKING GONE
    *like*
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,374
    edited March 2015
    Roccos was good for what it was. greasy, flat, airy, simple straight up slices.

Now that new york new york pizza is gone i would probably say flying pie in mountain park is the best unknown gem (not counting the little gourmet spots).
    rocco's was garbage pizza but i could sit in the corner window there and drink a pitcher of pbr out of the pitcher and no one cared
    Pretty sure you can still do that in the place that's there now.
  • rock_deathrock_death Riding Level: 395
    Hey now @slam, I'm not sure that my review of blind onion was a recommendation

HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD OF THIS COOL PLACE SIZZLE PIE
    edited March 2015
    Also I'm DEFINITELY from Illinois, and it has the worlds largest bottle of catsup, it was the first state to raify the 13th amendment, ronald reagan was born in Dixon, the ice cream sundae was born in Evanston, chicago has a drive thru post office, it generates more nuclear power than any other state, the highest point is Charles Mound at 1235ft, there's a fire breathing dragon in Vandalia, the term "jazz" was coined in chicago in 1914, it has the oldest public zoo in the nation, twinkies were invented in River Forest, it's home to the pumpkin capital of the world, it's nearly 80% farm land, and april 1st in illinois is "Cheap Trick" day (best band ever!!!!)
    Where's the best place for Thai food?
    i ate a sriracha burrito from taco bell because @slam fucked up and MY FACE IS SO FUCKING HOT I AM SWEATING I CAN'T CONCENTRATE
    @tvcb said:
    Roccos was good for what it was. greasy, flat, airy, simple straight up slices.

Now that new york new york pizza is gone i would probably say flying pie in mountain park is the best unknown gem (not counting the little gourmet spots).
    Sometimes all you want is a giant slice of bread and congealed grease. That said, like hell I'm going to Lake Oswego (and I work spitting distance from Lake Oswego) for pizza, especially when there's a second location of the same restaurant at 78th and Stark.
    pro tip: mix flaming hot Cheetos with peanut butter chocolate bugles
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 823
    Any corner in this town... Pad Thai Kitchen hooks it up on to go orders
    Authentic Thai is one of my favorites.

Best Pizza is Straight From New York
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,374
    Pizza thread is all about shitting on other peoples preferences.

Haikus are for morons
    @jerry said:
    i ate a sriracha burrito from taco bell because @slam fucked up and MY FACE IS SO FUCKING HOT I AM SWEATING I CAN'T CONCENTRATE
    WRONG THREAD BRAH!
    pro tip: mix flaming hot Cheetos with peanut butter chocolate bugles
    WRONG THREAD BRAH!
    put it on the pizza then duh
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 871
    Apizza Scholls recently extended their hours and is now open on the weekends 11:30-2:30pm
    Apizza Scholls VS. Ken's Artisan, this seems to be the ongoing question. What's your take?
    Caro Amico - Portlands first pizza spot, opened in 1949
    Pizzacato - Portlands first "gourmet" pizza, opened in 1989
    What do you call that style of pizza at apizza sholls? Burnt?
    Neo-Neapolitian or "Fuck, that's delicious"
  • MacheteMachete Riding Level: 151
    I still haven't been to Ken's, I live a couple blocks from there now. No excuses, I must eat there. @TheDude any recommendations on a specific pie?

Also, happy Pi Day!