Today I Hate...

13468944

Comments

  • mixtiememixtieme Riding Level: 496
    edited October 2014
    Girl in headress Native American costume. Trevor wouldn't let me punch her. Dumb ass douchehag.
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,327
    ugh
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,342
    @mixtieme said:
    Dumb ass douchehag.
    yeah that fuckin trevor guy is the worst!
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    Just did the math and realized I spend somewhere over 6 hours traveling to do about 90 minutes of actual work on some Saturdays.

    Also, still amazed that somehow it takes longer to take the bus from SE Foster and 64th to I-5 & 217 than it does to drive from I-5 & 217 to Corvallis.
  • bouticrackabouticracka Riding Level: 308
    Tih I was supposed to be moving into a full time position at work but the bitch who I was going to replace just decided to not move. She even put in her two weeks notice (1 week ago) and her letter of resignation yesterday. Is that a normal thing? To be able to un resign?
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,356
    I think that pretty normal, unless the position had already been filled. But since they were just moving you up it was easy to just slide you back down. Sucks. Sorry breh.
  • bouticrackabouticracka Riding Level: 308
    It's just odd because the full time opening was posted and I applied and was verbally told I would receive the position. It just seemed like a formality. But she just got the job back. I just feel fucked over because I was going to have to interview for the job, so wouldn't it make sense that she would have to do the same to get her job back?
  • bouticrackabouticracka Riding Level: 308
    All in all its not a huge problem. I don't have financial obligations and I get to ride my bike more.
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    TIH: Just did the math and the change in my work's pay period from 1st and 15th to every other Friday reduced my takehome in any 4 week period by about $98. And my rent went up $60 this month.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    Except for those miraculous months were you get three paychecks
    How does that even
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    3 paychecks in one month:
    Paycheck 1: Probably around the 1st or 2nd, pays that months rent
    Paycheck 2: 14 days later, pays for other stuff
    Paycheck 3: Sometime around the 28th/29th, pays for following month's rent

    Best I can tell is that if I happen to get paid on a 5th that also happens to be a Friday, then that check pays rent and the previous one was one of the 2 "extra" checks I get now, and I was supposed to save it to make up for the other smaller checks.

    Or something.
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,327
    edited November 2014
    dude cmon
    lets be adults here

    dont do anything for 3-4 months. im sorry. here it comes:winter. buy yourself a case of beer a week, ride your bike up a hill and out the springwater. netflix (or *). why are you doing it this way?
    FOR A BALANCE IN THE CHECKING ACCOUNT
    Look, I know, we all live in portland and we all make chicken scratch but you gotta have a balance in your checking account, even better if you can put away a bit for savings.

    Get $4-5-600 ready and liquid and now you can start living. That means you can pay your bills ahead of "right before late" and feel safe when you need to accidentally spend a bill on something or an emergency.

    ok, now *
    hustle
    you can do something that you don't do for a day job. learn to make that thing profitable. even better if you like or love doing it. the goal is to make your money input greater than your output.
    hustle hustle hustle

    back to your regularly scheduled delinquency
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,342
    how are you making less money from a change in pay period? did they give you an anti-raise in addition?
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    TIH
    The interim receptionist makes eye contact with me every time I pass her. I have to walk past about 15 times a day so now I'm super conscious of going to the bathroom as if she's timing me. This means that for my 2 bathroom vacations a day I now go to the receiving stairwell in the back, past shipping, past data center, past call center, past home department and on to the 1st floor bathroom.

    You are only costing the company about 6 minutes of my time a day but the precedent was set by the normal receptionist for what-the-fuck-ever.

    Quit timing my poops.
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,327
    mission impoopable
  • MacheteMachete Riding Level: 151
    Plans for hiking and hot springs this week might be postponed due to the freezing rain that is supposed to happen this week.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    I know, this fucking weather right?
    "NOAA forecasters estimate a 70% chance of M-class flares and a 30% chance of X-flares on Nov. 10th. Any eruptions will likely be geoeffective as the sunspot is directly facing Earth"
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,327
    ELI5 plz
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    The sun is filled with magnets
    Sometimes heat cant swirl around right because of those magnets
    Big sploches form of stagnant gasses
    Explosions of plasma fly out
    Like really fast
    Ejections hit earths atmosphere
    ???
    Profit
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    The ??? is modern electronic devices built with only vacuum tubes.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,342
    so glad that this whole server has been only tubes from the start
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    image
  • SkidSkid Riding Level: 24
    It's not a truck.
  • MacheteMachete Riding Level: 151
    TIH, Camera bag was stolen, four cameras and at least three of my lenses, flashes, SD cards.

    The only thing I have left right now is my tripod and a sweet deductible of $2500 to replace everything, thanks to homeowners insurance...
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    Pretty sure my neighbor OD'd on oxy, xanax, and unspecified alcohol. His roommate is locked out and has been literally pounding on the door (like, rattling-the-walls pounding) intermittently since 6 this evening. Feel pretty confident in saying that neither of those dudes understand how drugs work.

    Someone also overflowed the shared toilet bad enough that it's dripping down into the bottle shop below.
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 875
    Blame it on the junkies
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    TIH I'm apparently old enough now that I can pull a muscle in my back simply bending over to pick my coat up off the floor.

    Not pull a muscle actually picking up the coat, just bending over to pick it up.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,342
    he'll be back, he always comes back
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,342
    if anyone deserves a good old fashioned FUCK YOU, it's this guy

    image
Sign In or Register to comment.