Today I Hate...

Comments

• DANgerDANger Riding Level: 84
    city workers painting the curb yellow on my block. called the parking dude for SE, his name is Donovan, and he is a genuine SOB. told him to enjoy his salary which I help pay him. class act a-hole. anyone have a pressure washer?
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,342
    free parking is definitely not a guaranteed right
    @jerry it's just shitty when only a few houses on your block have driveways and then instead of the normal 10' no parking turns into a 30' no parking on a corner area. the guy said it was a safety thing. sort of blows when it's a road primarily used by those who live in the neighborhood and now those who live in the neighborhood are being displaced. not to mention Friday nights when all the bar activity starts and displaces residents even more. as for safety, turning the corner isn't even an issue if you are driving slower to actually be aware of the environment. probably wasn't even someone in the area that called and complained either. I'M PISSED! hahaha. not really.
  • mixtiememixtieme Riding Level: 496
    FUCK CARS
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    TIH

ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE BULLSHIT

SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,356
    All american challenge > ALS ice bucket challenge.
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,327
    Re:parking

I live at 30/burnside. Talk to me about parking on the weekend. We're gonna cut a spot for a driveway so if portland stops offering permits (they will)(see:sf) we will have at least 1 guaranteed spot.
    @miguel we live where Market t-bones into 49th. I don't even think we could put a driveway in. I've thought about it. But yeah, parking is pretty lame here. Contemplating moving to a larger house in the burbs with a garage and a good sized yard. But for now, I push my expert parallel parking skills to the limit. Read somewhere that Portland is suppose to grow at a pretty high exponential rate coming up too. Bye bye quaint neighborhoods. If we didn't have 3 kiddos I wouldn't care as much about the parking, but loading them up a block away is just ridiculous.
    Kids can ride bikes. I've seen it.
    @mixtieme yeah. Oliver is 6. Taught him how to ride a bike. Kids got some real potential. As for the 4 and 2 year old? Not too sure about them going to the beach and all around town to run errands on bicycles.
    Beach maybe not, I wish so hard that we had a sweet train that connected Portland to the beach. But daily errands, I don't buy it. Plenty of parents have already proven you lazy.
    edited August 2014
    Maybe its just me, but I feel like you shouldn't be giving anyone parenting advice. Cause ya know, I hear that shit is hard. And Dan, good for you for being a father to them kiddos. Teaching the next generation about backwards circle and whip skids.

Also, complaining about parking on a bike forum is a major faux pas
    @slam
    im with you
    Well, kids might be difficult, God knows my cats are hard enough sometimes, but kids aren't the best excuse/reason to complain about dittly shit. They are a choice, and I am not going to limit your choices although others often try to limit mine. Driving them around in a car is a choice, one can make other choices. Kids also don't give you the god given right of convenience, air pollution, or allow you to take up more resources than reasonable. It's why we build parks, you want more lawn, go to the park, the city even mows it for ya. I get that we all break down and complain sometimes, but street car parking is really just utter privilege. I want each choice to be as comfortable as the next and just as fair. 8-80 bike system yo.
    Kidless people talking about kids is like men talking about periods
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    No it's more like people who don't have boats talking about boat owners.
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    TIH: Can't find the Poop Thread.
    edited August 2014
    just figured that the "today I hate" thread was a place to voice what I hate for the day. but yeah, I'm not trying to be that moron parent biking their kid around town and neither is my girlfriend... you can call it lazy but like Kendra said, you don't have kids... as far as taking up more resources... sorry for wanting to provide a comfortable up bringing for 3 awesome children. oh wait, nope, not sorry.

anyway, no more car/children talk. Today I Hate riding alone, again.

Today I (also) Hate... My legs falling asleep while pooping because I am spending too long on the forum. Hahaha
    tvcb said:
    No it's more like people who don't have boats talking about boat owners.
    You shouldn't tell other people how to trailer their boat. Especially if you have never owned one or trailered one yourself.
    @DANger "sorry for wanting to provide a comfortable up bringing for 3 awesome children. oh wait, nope, not sorry."

So you are saying because my parents split and my mom was single and she raised us in an apartment building I was somehow uncomfortable? That's somehow not okay? It ain't no AMERICAN DREAM WHITE PICKET FENCE, but who the fuck needs that shit anyways? You can raise your adopted kids however you want, but you also don't get to judge others for raising their children in "uncomfortable" ways. AND YOU ARE STILL FUCKING LAZY. DEAL WITH IT, OWN IT. Those parents with kids on bikes in town, they aren't morons. They just aren't lazy, and they aren't going to let white picket fence societal norms tell them how to do shit. Instead of snoring do you "baaaa" in your sleep?
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    jesus h christ.

YOU KIDS PLAY NICELY OR I'LL TURN THIS GODDAMN CAR AROUND.
    I want my dollar back
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    Sorry, spent it on a Megabucks ticket.
  • RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
  • bouticrackabouticracka Riding Level: 308
    Dan vs Mixtie street sprints.
    @mixtieme don't recall saying anything about your up bringing. I have met you before but never got into any conversation about anything personal. Your mom must have done a good job though, you're still alive and healthy. I simply stated that I hope to provide enough for the family that adopted ME and to be able to not have to worry about what's for dinner, like was the issue for my family when my father was out of work for 13 months. Don't recall making any sort of personal attack on you though. As for me being lazy, I'm a boilermaker down at the shipyard and work my ass off every day while at work. As for my girlfriend, she owns her own small yarn dying business. Not quite sure where you get us being lazy. We both work hard and ride our bikes as much as we are able to. We have fun on our bikes. Yeah, we drive cars too. Get off my back and quit trolling for confrontation. Again though, nothing was meant to be taken as some sort of an insult to anyone. Sorry it was taken in that manner.