Sex Dungeoning

rock_deathrock_death Riding Level: 395
edited November 2015 in Marketplace
Every other fixed forum has one

Comments

• rock_deathrock_death Riding Level: 395
    I'm looking for a place to live in late Feb or March. Y'all don't know me but I'm probably better than the other dude who just emailed you from craigslist.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,339
    dick pics or gtfo
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    Rent's going up everywhere. I'll probably be out of city limits in May... City growing pains
    i'm from a place where rent is high. housing is cheap as hell in portland when you compare it to new york, san fransisco, or boston
    edited February 2015
    Ahh... Do you have a relatively well-paying job here then? Cuz good luck affording anything in the hot spot areas. Retail spaces and housing are going up everywhere, and I hate it say it, but they weren't exactly built for the 99%.
  • mixtiememixtieme Riding Level: 496
    Rock_death is why josh has to move outta city limits. But it's cheap compared to wherever the hell to rock_death so who gives a fuck?
    Sry that was rude on my part
    edited February 2015
    Genuinely curious - did you grow up in Portland @mixtieme
    man shut the fuck up, you native PNW people are the worst sometimes
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,356
    Aww love you too bb!
    To be honest I don't mind the suburbs; there's a lot less entitlement, and actual humans live out there. I rarely use Alberta/Mississippi/Hawthorne/Division neighborhoods for what people love them for, like the bars and $20 ramen noodles. I went to Robo Taco last night and got shitty looks from people in there, maybe because I didn't have a nice quaff and thick glasses. Idk, whatever... Road and mountain biking doesn't exist in Portland city limits, so there's that. I have a car so really the only downside I can see to suburb life is learning to deal with the traffic. For right now anyway.

@rock_death I wasn't saying you're rude or uppity or anything; just curious as to your line of work...
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    If you cant be a rude prick online then when can you???
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    @Josh said:
    I went to Robo Taco last night and got shitty looks from people in there, maybe because I didn't have a nice quaff and thick glasses. Idk, whatever...
    Now I kinda wanna go soil some yuppies' Robo Taco trip with my presence.
    @Josh said:

@rock_death I wasn't saying you're rude or uppity or anything; just curious as to your line of work...
    I work in the bike industry, but don't have a job (or anything else really) waiting for me. I get the frustration with trendy new people coming to a place like Portland, on my last few visits I've been taken to a bunch of bars and restaurants that are like Disneyland for hip white 20-30 somethings with money. Like, does a burrito place actually need a graphic design department?
    For the record it isn't this scene that has attracted me to Portland and it bugs the shit out of me, even as an outsider.
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    Meh, Robo Taco is hella overrated atmo. You're not missing anything @josh.
    Late night burritos!
  • Bamfs01Bamfs01 Riding Level: 270
    @jerry said:
    man shut the fuck up, you native PNW people are the worst sometimes
    God and I see it all over fb. It isn't just coming from the few people that were born and raised here either... "STOP MOVING HERE! I MOVED HERE IN 2008 BEFORE IT WAS COOL AND I DON'T WANT TO SHARE COOL WITH YOU BECAUSE IT MAKES ME LESS UNIQUE!"

No one knows what's going to happen in Portland. Maybe it'll be the next Detroit. All the hipster jobs move to Canada or something, maybe it'll be San Fransisco and get crowded to the point that everyone hates everyone*.

*I've never actually even been to Detroit or San Fransisco (gasp), but my point is everywhere has a vibe and stereotype. You should move here. You should move there. Move where ever you want. Just try to not expect that the universe is going to hold Portland in whatever space in time that you loved most. Shit, if life were that great I'd be perpetually inside the stripper I was dating summer 2013.
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    I moved here in 2008, and it was already on its current downhill slide.
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 875
    Was born here in 1978. If I were the mayor I'd use the key to the city to do all the blow and keep all the transplants post 2010 in District 9. I'd feed them Voodoo doughnuts instead of cat food
  • Grimm_RipperGrimm_Ripper Riding Level: 49
    Been in the same duplex for five years. Inner SE for under $700 feels goodman
  • S_L_D_S_L_D_ Riding Level: 453
    @TheDude said:
    Was born here in 1978.
    ur old.

• SpokiiSpokii Riding Level: 116
    700?!
    It's prolly a 2br
  • rofljenrofljen Riding Level: 2,439
    Thinking of moving into an actual HOUSE sometime between April and July. Figured that I would put the word out here just in case.

A few things:
    I work 8-5 and don't really party so someone with similar schedule who is low-key would be nice. I usually am up early on weekends too to get shit done/ride bike. Gone a lot on weekends at races most of the year.

I have 5 bikes, so a garage/storage probably required

I have a kitty cat who is indoor/outdoor and pretty adorable (half of you guys have met her and can vouch).

I want a garden!!!!!!!!!!!

lastly, ~500 with utils.

If y'all know of or hear about something available let me know :)

• SpokiiSpokii Riding Level: 116
    If you find a place for under 500, with all those demands, that allows for a tv, meat in the fridge, and freedom to say whatever the fuck you want, let me know. I didn't know those places still existed.
    Wait, really? I pay less than 500 now.
    YOU DONT EXIST
    FYI! My room will be opening for (approximately) a May 1st move-in. It is one room in a inner-southeast two-bedroom apartment. Roommate has two cats, works full time and is generally only there in the evenings. The management is wonderful, responsive, and helpful with maintenance, etc.
    Rent is $497.50/month + PGE and Internet (usually ends up being around 525-550, total, depending on the month). There is a refundable deposit of $350, and any pets also require an extra deposit.
    The current lease ends in July, but there is also the option to renew with a new roommate, and you get a shoe-in since you will be living there. So this would be good for a temp or more long-term situation.
    Rental applications are available to fill out and submit online. Let me know if you are interested, or know someone who may be.
  • DuderDuder Riding Level: 218
    I keep thinking this thread is about cable housing and I am like "who started this thread"? Until I open it and remember its not.