Health and Fatness

KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,354
edited March 2016 in General
Here we can talk about training, diet, gettin yoked, swoll, ect.

Comments

• MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,279
    dont drink so much
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,316
    i basically lost 30 pounds by sobering up.
  • KrinkKrink Riding Level: 79
    "so... Im finna get swolled up"
  • RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
    So how much can you guys squat?
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 823
    295lbs 3x when I was 16
    me and @eugene have been working on some next level rectum blaster workouts lately, it definitely helps when you're getting deep into those power squats.

i'm up to four kegel balls at a time
  • RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
    @jerry ass to grass deep?
    let the pink sock touch the floor
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,354
    @phomma Go to the doctor and get blood work done and check for any infections. In the mean time stop eating crappy food, get yourself on a regular sleep schedule, and take vitamin D every day.

True story: I once was so tired all the time I would literally sleep for like 15 hours a night and still struggle to stay away during the day. Went in to the doctor, turned out i had a residual bladder infection. Antibiotics cleared that up. Now I'm just tired all the time because my life feels meaningless... oh... i made myself sad.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,374
    You probably just got a yeast infection @phomma.
    Get the sand out of you vag and go to a doctor.

Except vitamin D is bullshit and I will stand by that statement forever. Don't even start with me on that malarkey.
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,354
    @eugene can we get a medical opinion up in here??
    yeah @eugene is my pink sock supposed to drop it down low hit the flo hit the pole?
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,374
    @duder
    Please give legal opinion
    edited December 2014
    hey im going on an unofficial beer break starting first week of jan. it's not a strict diet but i will not be drinking beers like, nightly/alone/kindasad, for at least the first half of the year.
  • Grimm_RipperGrimm_Ripper Riding Level: 49
    @jerry said:
    let the pink sock touch the floor
    Stickers plz
  • DuderDuder Riding Level: 218
    @phomma
    iron/ferritin

@jerry
    call me if you get arrested for touching pink sock
  • bicyclefunkbicyclefunk Riding Level: 678
    can we talk about food, specifically awesome non-meat meals for sustained energy?
    my friend makes sticky rice balls filled with peanut butter for rides, they are good.
    any other suggestions?

no MEAT or no animal products?
    I've tried that and it worked pretty well, but it's kind of a pain to make that sort of stuff.
    no animal products is preferred yeah
  • rofljenrofljen Riding Level: 2,438
    Check out The Feed Zone - a lot of veggie snack options in there.
    I've tried that and it worked pretty well, but it's kind of a pain to make that sort of stuff.
    no animal products is preferred yeah
    so you just want to buy vegan things? well there's a hammer nutrition vegan option and other brands that make similar stuff. that can get expensive and when you are out in small towns the gas station or kwikemart isnt going to have it.

it comes down to carbs/electrolytes/protein and what works for you.

i find that liquids (sportsdrinkz/expired gu packets/OTC protein shakes/ensure/etc) and soft foods (like yogurt/refried beans/baked sweet potatoes/etc) work well for me because they digest easily VS nuts/breads/meats, though, sometimes i really want those things and eat them anyway.
    it's really not a pain to make food for yourself. in fact, that should be life skill #1
    Being able to make food yourself saves you money in the long run, plus you know exactly what is going into your food. You can even make your own protein or electrolyte beverages.
    @rofljen said:
    Check out The Feed Zone - a lot of veggie snack options in there.
    thanks

@Miguel said:
    it's really not a pain to make food for yourself. in fact, that should be life skill #1
    I know how to make food, I'm not trying to blow all my money on sportz barz. I guess I was looking suggestions for easy recipes that are good. I've made bars before, and they were awesome, but it was kind of a chore.
    the rice pb balls are yummy and easy to make. having some cooked brussel sprouts is good too.
    thanks anyways.

• S_L_D_S_L_D_ Riding Level: 452
    can we talk about food, specifically awesome non-meat meals for sustained energy?
    my friend makes sticky rice balls filled with peanut butter for rides, they are good.
    any other suggestions?

Make 1000 nut-butter and jelly sandwiches. When I crewed for her, my friend Cristina did RAO on literally nothing but PB&J, Endurolytes, and water.
    edited May 2015
    But the reality is that PB&J is good for energy in those situations. Fruit Sugar + Carb + fat but outside of race day-type conditions PB&J is really not the best, nutritionally.