JOBS??

Comments

• MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,327
    go to FB i will connect you
  • Bamfs01Bamfs01 Riding Level: 270
    Lookit that wiring
    All those trunked 3750's
    Oh god yes

I haven't done a great job applying for jobs or updating my resume and it's part of the reason I've stayed at the wrong job for 7.5 years. Sorry I can't help, everyone here has already offered more than I can.
  • Bamfs01Bamfs01 Riding Level: 270
    And who done it to my pic?
    macs list is really good for good local jobs. see:not shitty craigslist jobs
  • rofljenrofljen Riding Level: 2,438
    Yes, that's where I found my job.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    Shipping/receiving gig at pendleton downtown.
    full time 9-5:30
    They were hoping to get me and havent officially opened the job so it could be heavily on my reccomendation.
    give me your details if you got questions
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,342
    apparently to become a construction traffic flagger in oregon you need to take a 4-hour online class, and the average union pay is $28.65 an hour
  • bicyclefunkbicyclefunk Riding Level: 717
    wow. I was a flagger before, but then g-ma made me go to church.
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,356
    edited May 2015
    @jerry said:
    apparently to become a construction traffic flagger in oregon you need to take a 4-hour online class, and the average union pay is $28.65 an hour
    Combine with sign spinning experience for maximum hireability!
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    https://rn11.ultipro.com/ORC1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*ACABD3BFCA6D01A3
    https://rn11.ultipro.com/ORC1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*4347427AFAE23708
    Orchard Supply Hardware is looking for p/t "bicycle technicians". Couldn't tell if should go here or in TILOL.
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    Dont make me flag that wookie
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    What's lol-worthy about that? And why would you flag it
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    It's a shitty box-store hardware chain that forced out Hollywood Bowl (and semi-recently declared chapter 11 bankruptcy, though still opening brand new locations). They apparently somehow have a bike service dept, Which is further taking away from local businesses in the area. I was joking about flagging his post, but seriously fuck that place.
    @Josh said:
    What's lol-worthy about that?
    A hardware store is not even the third place I would think to go if something on my bike broke that was beyond my ability to fix myself, especially one 3 blocks from an actual bike shop.
    While I'm sure your points are both valid, I would like to think someone can live off that job.
    It's 29 hours/week, so maybe (but probably not)
  • whitefolkswhitefolks Riding Level: 192
    it's gonna be bolting together $100 magnas with a multi-tool for just above minimum wage.

hell im all for it as long as I dont have to do it. at least they can't outsource opening boxes to taiwan.

OR CAN THEY?????
    forced out hollywood bowl? that places was in trouble since bowling took a gutterball in the early 80s. no one forced anything. the owners could have done any number of things to make money like sell russian brides or try and get some lebowski nights going.
    MARK IT FUCKING ZERO DONNY
    bowling took a gutterball in the early 80s. ...the owners could have done any number of things to make money like sell russian brides or try and get some lebowski nights going.
    More like early 90s

But yes, it's all marketing and they could've done better. That place was a shithole from when I was a tot until it closed.

The place on Morrison seems to be doing ok though
    ...or try and get some lebowski nights going.
    Dammit, now I kinda wanna own a bowling alley.
    edited May 2015
    @wookie said:
    @Josh said:
    What's lol-worthy about that?
    A hardware store is not even the third place I would think to go if something on my bike broke that was beyond my ability to fix myself, especially one 3 blocks from an actual bike shop.
    More lol's that I forgot about: OSH wants UBI certification for that job. If you don't have it, you have to get it.

At best, it might set you up to take @whitefolks' job whenever he decides to burn down the building, but overall it's probably the worst paying bike wrench job in town, with little/none of the side benefits, and, in all likelihood, first in line for layoffs if someone can't make their numbers work for that financial quarter.
    Man how's the weather up there Wookie
    And also I'm curious, what's your fuckin day job
    Broadcast engineer.
    western is gonna need a wrench in 2 weeks. bring in resumes and ask for connor or seth.
    don't say I sent you, as that'll work against you. be a chill dude/lady and have experience with needy customers. being up to date with like, actual wrenching skills is a good plan too.
  • ElReverendoElReverendo Riding Level: 71
    I need jobs?
  • MacheteMachete Riding Level: 151
    Shinola is gonna be hiring here in portland.
  • rock_deathrock_death Riding Level: 395
    In what capacity?
  • MacheteMachete Riding Level: 151
    I think the email I got said that they are looking for Store manager, asst manager currently.