Forum Updates/Changelog/Requests

Comments

• jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,339
    I ALREADY DID THAT ALREADY GOSH
  • mixtiememixtieme Riding Level: 496
    hEY so, when I click into a none 'announcement' thrad to read, I'll hit 'home' when done. When I arrive back to the wall of thrads all the announcements that had unread comments are suddenly de-highlighted, or considered read I guess. I lose trac of stuff so then I just start clicking on all links till I find the part of the convo I've been missing.

Does this make sense?
  • bouticrackabouticracka Riding Level: 308
    Yeah I was noticing the same thing but thought I was derpin.
    i'll attempt to make some changes, there's an issue with the way the yellow highlighted NEW! thing works, and i've found a fix for it that i'll attempt to implement right now
    @mixtieme @bouticracka what browser are you using when you have this problem?

and to confirm, you are seeing a NEW confirmation in an announcement, then you click a non-announcement, and when you return home, the announcement no longer has a NEW notification?
    @jerry iPhone and yes.
  • mixtiememixtieme Riding Level: 496
    @jerry chrome and droid, and yea. non announcement thrads not affected by movement. TVCB sees this too but had some explanation I couldn't follow. And he doesn't loose trac of what he reads and sees unlike me.
  • SpokiiSpokii Riding Level: 116
    It looks to me my like everything is working now. I had the same problem on my iPhone before a day or two ago.
  • SpokiiSpokii Riding Level: 116
    Thank you again Jerry, for taking the time to fix the bugs and make everything work. I <3 you.
    ^What Bruce said.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    i know no one really utilizes the category filter but if you put EVENTS in there and then made that a top priority in the forum then upcoming events wouldnt have to be stickied/announcement.

Plus events are the only real time pertinent threads.

could be dumb idea, just throwing it out there
    dumb idea and I don't want to figure out how to implement it, announcements will continue
    added new error pages with sleepy bruce. if anyone has any good OH FUCK THAT WAS A BIG FUCK UP pictures from fixie history, please suggest.
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    [spoiler]WTF is a spoiler?[/spoiler]
    edited August 2014
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    Is there a way to set expiration dates on individual posts? I think it might be cool if posts to the Marketplace and WTB threads auto-expired/self-deleted after, like, 60 days or something, maybe with a renewal function too, so if you still haven't sold/bought the crap you want to sell/buy you don't have to create an entirely new post.

Then again, this might be a terrible idea and stupid-hard to implement.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    edited August 2014
    I bet it would be pretty simple to implement that one thread doenst keep any messages older than 30 days but I'm sure it would have to fall under a category classification so that only specified threads are age limited.
    Depends on who Jerry is getting the template from on weather it is doable as is or weather it would be a big change to coding.

For the record I don't think its necessary either.
    I have stumbled across numerous forums only because of old parts for sale that are long gone. No need to remove the size and history of our site, it particularly helps SEO
    you're a mod, delete whatever you want? just make an announcement that you're taking control of the marketplace from now and posts get wiped after 30 days
    edited August 2014
    Any advances on the proper quote function implementation?
    Or who's online box?
    Or image uploading via phone?
    Couple others, but I can't think of them right now

Also still noticing random glitches with pages losing new post highlight. Mainly after jerry makes a few new posts, I'll go to look at one, and then when I go back to homepage, all are unhighlighted seemingly indicating that they've been marked as seen?

Also, seriously wtf is the spoiler function for? Some sort of movie forum type function?

PS <3 u jerry. Thank you

edited August 2014
    quote function will show up one day, I'm not doing any work on it, its in the hands of the author of the plugin

same with who's online

image uploading would require me to pay more money for storage, and I'm not doing that. get imgur.

I don't understand the new posts glitch either but its a known issue with Vanilla so one day it'll stop.

spoiler is for hiding stuff that people might not want to be forced to see

[spoiler]image[/spoiler]

and it doesn't work so whatever, I guess I could get rid of the button if I tried really hard
  • DANgerDANger Riding Level: 84
    Phone photos. I want to post pictures straight from my phone. Chop chop Jerry. *smooches*
    get imgur on your phone, upload your photos from your phone, put the BBCode on here. from your phone.
  • DANgerDANger Riding Level: 84
    fine fine fine. done and done.
  • ElReverendoElReverendo Riding Level: 71
    Where is the quote button?

Also, didn't Ben (Grimm) make that logo?
    you have got to be fucking be kidding me about the quote button.
    ElReverendo;2785" said:
    Where is the quote button?

Also, didn't Ben (Grimm) make that logo?
    It works now?
    i'm currently working on it
    It works now.

Bunch of other stuff is broke though.

I kinda feel like someone said something about the quote button not really working or breaking errything else or something. Weird that it actually happened -- who's ever heard of technology ever not working perfectly as intended?
    /sarcasm@"manualquotestoohaaaaard"people
    wookie;2790" said:
    /sarcasm@"manualquotestoohaaaaard"people
    testing