Today I LOL...

Comments

• bicyclefunkbicyclefunk Riding Level: 723
    @McRussellPants I think you just did.
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,356
    @jerry said:
    i always feel weird watching people who DEFINITELY use the n word dancing to rap music
    ohhhh are you not supposed to do that?.....
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,343
    best shit i saw tonight was a bus sliding through a red light and across an intersection with the banner proudly reading "TRIMET IS HIRING!!"
    Glorious.

This weather is so much fun.
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,331
    Fucking hell.
    Driving up burnside? Let me tell you something - you're gonna get up from 30th to 33rd if your lil 2wd with no traction guns it, spins out, and creates a big sheet of ice
    1. Traction devices
    2. Low gear. Lowest gear.
    3. Go slow. No, slower than that.

No traction devices? Skip to 2, avoid the hills.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    Don't lose your momentum on a hill morans!

I made it home just fine on 28mm tires so no car should feel like they can't get past 11th and Burnside
  • McRussellPantsMcRussellPants Riding Level: 682
    Rode the sscx bike with PDXs on it and had so much fun. Just sailing through the downtown parking lot. Fully making the Mash 7 edit with block long whipskids.

5th Street around the 1000 block was hilarious, just the worst kind of burnout competition.
  • jnerulajnerula Riding Level: 649
    Just spent 2.5 hours shoveling gravel onto the hill I'm living off of in Beaverton. Met some nice people. Helped fix a three car pile-up. Saw an empty school bus sitting with the radio on.
    Woman on KPTV just called a section of Burnside a graveyard
    Hahaha
    It's occurred to me now that I lucked out today. Picked up a friend from the airport as it begun to snow, disaster results became more clear on the way back, hung out for beers until evening, drove home with no problems back to St Johns, practiced my handling/drifting in the Eagle's Club parking lot.
    Light 2 wheel drive manual transmission vehicles are the ticket in the scenario. I even have chains, but can't be bothered.
    I put chains on my lil 2wd Tacoma and took all the bike streets. People are idiots
    Very light traffic and great MTB snow today. Get out and slide around ya bums
    http://imgur.com/a/Qb0V1

Beaverton/Aloha is a shitshow. Heres an abandoned schoolbus:

omg those photos are the best shit ever
    also, that school bus is yours now
    Forgot that Matt stole some tweakers bike last week.

Got it back to the original owner from corvallis tho.
    For some reason I thought the electoral college was going to do something
    Civics lesson please
    People championing that electoral college will stop trump thing were same tier of cringe as the 'Bernie can still win' or birth certificate truthers.

I mean, it is technically the entire point of the electoral college to stop a demagogue from becoming the president. If only because of that though. Personally I feel the whole thing with Russia doesn't have enough grounds and mentioning it made the everyone look like a bunch of crybabies.

For reference:

dem·a·gogue
    ˈdeməˌɡäɡ/
    noun
    a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

If Donald Trump isn't the textbook example, then I don't know what is.
    The entire point of the electoral college is to account for all citizens when it is not feasible for 100% of citizens to vote. There may be a 3 million vote discrepancy but only about 44% of eligible voters cast a ballot.

It was drafted in a time where remote areas of the united States were understood to have lower turnout ratio than those in dense urban areas, while less of an issue today it is still effective because aside from a few states voter turnout is low.
    For the record I do not support Trump or his cabinet in any way but you cannot fault the electoral college for his appointment.
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    Nah, electoral college was sold in the Federalist Papers as demagogue prevention, but it's actually an accounting trick accompanying the 3/5ths clause. Net effect these days is to incentivize keeping turnout low by making sure only the "right kind" of people are able to vote.

Electoral college wasn't going to do anything about Trump because, like most real estate developers, he's a lazy bastard and is gonna let Pence and his cabinet actually run things. Not that that's gonna necessarily be a positive thing, but also not something a bunch of party hacks are gonna worry about stopping.

tl;dr: Trump isn't gonna run shit besides his mouth and his Twitter account, electors recognized that and didn't feel any need to stop him.
    roko's basilisk man, you think any of those electors would have actually put themselves up for future hyper-execution?
    LESSWRONG ALERT WOOP WOOP WOOP CALL THE POLICE THERES A SUPER EVIL MEGA AI PUNISHING INNOCENTS THROUGH SPACE AND TIME
    @jerry said:
    roko's basilisk man, you think any of those electors would have actually put themselves up for future hyper-execution?
    By preventing us from moving forward, aren't they already?

all i'm saying is you should watch your mouth before they take you in front of the council of the galactic confederacy and giga-kill your ass to super-hell
    murdered til dead