Burritos... a haiku

wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
edited August 2015 in Bullshittin'
Do:
Write about awesome burritos you've enjoyed
Write about crap burritos you've thrown away half of
Post about group rides centrally or peripherally involving burritos

Don't:
Write about how crappy burritos in Portland are in general -- be specific about which ones suck and why
Use the word "authentic" in any context
Talk about tacos -- keep that shit in its own thread

Comments

• wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    There's a Mexican cart in the PSU garage at 5th and Harrison that's been pretty good to me and $5 for a bean & cheese and a Jarrito isn't bad either.
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,356
    I gave that cart on 12th and Hawthorne a second chance and it delivered! It's back in the rotation.
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,166
    Not long ago a few of Bruce's friends supposedly found a rather large tape worm in a burrito at the Los Gorditos location on SE 12th & Division. Not kidding.
  • mixtiememixtieme Riding Level: 496
    Plot twist! Bruce doesn't know what an onion looks like.
    Wat? Pretty sure Bruce knows what an onion looks like. Also, it was some of his friends, not him.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,327
    I just ate the worst breakfast burrito ever from taco bell. to make up for it I'm only going to eat burritos the rest of the day.
    edited May 2014
    Thursdays are my favorite days because that's the day the burrito truck comes to the god-forsaken office park where I work.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,386
    forgot to sub black beans at ole ole.
    now its just a tube of mush
    soon to be in poop thread
  • NoahGendaNoahGenda Riding Level: 38
    Burrito from Los Francos on NW30 is alright, carnitas is better than the others atmo

Burritos near my house have been bumming me out.
  • JasonSJasonS Riding Level: 80
    Los Taquitos > Robo Taco > Los Gorditos IMO. That being said I eat more Robo than any human should.
  • S_L_D_S_L_D_ Riding Level: 453
    Taqueria Santa Cruz in STJ has the best burritos in portland, atmo. also the most inconveniently located burritos
  • RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
    My favorite burrito place as of now is Don Pedro's on 82nd, and their tacos are the shit!
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 871
    I second what Shirtless Dan said about Santa Cruz #2 also The King Burrito with the chile rellano inside of it
    I've had things that weren't burritos at Taq. Santa Cruz, and all were solid. Dumbfounded as to why I've never had a burrito there.

@Rickymare Which Don Pedro's on 82nd? I think there are two, aren't there?
  • MacheteMachete Riding Level: 151
    Just made carnitas burritos, delicious.
  • NoahGendaNoahGenda Riding Level: 38
    How the fuck do you quote on here?

@JasonS whats your go to at Taquitos? I live right by it and have been mildly disappointed recently.
  • RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
    @wookie Its the one near Holgate.
    @NoahGenda I'm vegan so I go there for Beyond Meat in my burrito, and I cover it in my favorite verde salsa (Hard Times Hot Sauce, look it up). Pretty solid in my opinion, tastes less like Southern California and more like San Francisco for those California burrito snobs reading this.
    God damnit, how did I forgot El Nutri? Insanely good chimichanga.
    Oh snap! do chimi's count?! It is just a deep fried burrito. I used to work at Chez Jose and I'd get a chimichanga for almost every shift meal. Then I got super fat. But it was worth it. So good.
    Two words: Juanita's Chilipeño
    edited May 2014
    Sushi was closed by the time I got to take lunch. Sitting at santeria instead... what a mess.
    /kendraendsthread HAHAHAHAHA
    Just had King Burrito on Mississippi for the first time. Was good and less greasier than Lombard location. Still no Santa Cruz
    Also had King Burrito recently for the first time. Was pretty stoked on it, greasy as to be expected, but very legit burrito. A+ would nom again soon

I'm definitely down to check out the Mississippi location soon as well.
    edited September 2014
    @wookie said:
    There's a Mexican cart in the PSU garage at 5th and Harrison that's been pretty good to me and $5 for a bean & cheese and a Jarrito isn't bad either.
    This cart has been consistently good (or at least never disappointing). If I worked downtown, I'd be in danger of being referred to by my order by the lady who cooks there.

If you can you should go there, and maybe she'll get enough business to open a non-cart restaurant that's open more than the +/-2 hours around lunchtime.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,327
    just had the worst burrito at the 28th/division food carts
    Burrito cart in the new pod on 28th and div. is possibly the worst burrito I've had. Tiny, tasteless, and filled with mushy rice and beans. The bean choice was black and pinto, we got refried. Hardly any meat inside. I also found a random piece of celery in my steak fajita burrito.

That whole pod is too hip for me.
    Yikes.
    To be fair, I would use at least half of those descriptors for robo taco.