0x are for how many fucks to give
  • bicyclefunkbicyclefunk Riding Level: 711
    @tvcb said:
    Choose what you actually want to use.
    70x are for looking at stars
    10x are for looking at people at a safe distance
    Sorry, 10x.

• rofljenrofljen Riding Level: 2,439
    Looking for some decent cx wheels to borrow (or pay for in installments?). Prefer tubeless or some carbon clinchers. Tubulars seem like they'd be a bitch.
    @rofljen said:
    Looking for some decent cx wheels to borrow (or pay for in installments?). Prefer tubeless or some carbon clinchers. Tubulars seem like they'd be a bitch.
    Brian???
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,339
    10s or 11s?
    @jerry 10s

i might have something tubeless in a minute dependent on how my current wheel building project goes
    @jerry said:
    i might have something tubeless in a minute dependent on how my current wheel building project goes
    Cool. Wanna be my wheel sponsor?
    i really just need to start my own bike team
    I agree. My team is no longer :\
    where'd they go??
  • jnerulajnerula Riding Level: 649
    Team Jerry of the Year when?
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 875
    @jerry said:
    i really just need to start my own bike team
    Team PDXFIXED sponsored by La Croix
    @jerry the team manager can't commit to running it anymore. Not to mention participation kinda dwindled this season. I have prospects.
  • bschultzbschultz Riding Level: 383
    What benefits does team membership at the amateur level have besides access to an exclusive kit and bragging rights? Genuinely curious.
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    Comp'd race entry
    Ah, word. Thanks
    remember kids if you pay for the kit it's not a team, it's a club
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    Agree to disagree, my friend
    @bschultz When I was on the Upper Echelon elite women's team, I got 3-4 free kits per year, a free skinsuit, socks, arm and leg warmers, as well as free bike fits, cleats, and other small items.

On high five, I learned a shit ton about racing bikes. It's extremely important to have teammates on the road if you want to win a race, too. It's a team sport.

Goals for joining a new team are a good deal on a new cx bike, maybe a set of nice wheels.
    Noted, thanks
    Does anyone have a functioning 600W or 550W psu that I could borrow? You know, to test some stuff on my bicycle.
    what sort of connections do you need?
    At least a 24 pin for mobo and two 6 pins.
    Computer did a sudden shutdown the other day and rebooted to black. I'm pretty sure that's a psu issue and my gpu (R9 380) isn't getting enough power. If I test a good PSU though, then that would mean the gpu is bad (by process of elimination since I've testing the PCIe slot still works even though it fails to recognize the gpu).

• tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    I have never seen a GPU not get recognized due to power constraints, even an R9 uses less than 50w at idle.
    I don't doubt that your PSU is faulty but your process of elimination is a little out of order.
    I have other GPUs you can borrow to rule out a bad GPU but I don't have a spare PSU right now.

Do you have any onboard graphics to test under to avoid using the pci channels? My typical process for unexpected shutdowns is restart the machine outside of windows with the least amount of peripherals possible.
    edited June 1
    -Do have onboard graphics (from bios, pci slot appears empty when R9 is in)
    -Have tested with different GPU (recognized in bios)
    -R9 380 idles at 75W
    -PCI Express* x16 connector on Intel® Desktop Boards can deliver only up to 75W

From my research the R9 not being recognized is a common thing, first thing everyone asks in every thread is whether both 6 pins are in. The pcie wouldn't provide enough on its own to power the card.

• tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    My money is on bad video card barring any recent drivers updates.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-r9-380x-nitro,4361-6.html

I stand corrected, thanks. I could see a recent driver update being a problem. I've uninstalled what was on the computer, but now the problem is I can't figure out a way to install drivers w/o it needing to detect the hardware. :-/