Want to Buy

Comments

• Bamfs01Bamfs01 Riding Level: 270
    Did someone say flex?

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=481652481967451&id=100003681100099&set=a.104380519694651.5477.100003681100099&source=46

On the reals, you guys should come out and race this. It's laid back and fun.
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,322
    @bamfs01 are you on GL now?
  • RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
    WTB large George Foreman grill.
    Yeah I was last year too. Rekindled my love for racing bicycles. 2012 was awesome at first but got weird around AVC and even more so around nationals...

Continuing to learn a lot and the training is way more enjoyable. My sprint's like it was in 2012, but it's no longer contained to a 3 lap race. I've always enjoyed mass starts more than sprinting one on one anyway. There's way more going on, it's way more aggressive and dangerous, and the adrenaline is awesome. It actually reminds me a lot of snowboarding.

I know, you all really cared to read all that
    are you riding road bikes too or just on the track?
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    Oh he got the gears too
    Yes I did meh in a few crits/road races last year, and have done meh in a couple road races this year as a 3. I almost have enough points to upgrade to a 2 on the road but I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. I figure I'll race senior men when I can. That should give me a better idea of how I'd do with the 2's as not many 3's opt to race senior men. If I'm not doing great as a 3 on the road...

I think track's better for a build like mine anyway, more utilization of fast twitch, and I like the closer quarters, steep banking, plus I trust the guys I'm racing against more. Road is boring, and crits (as a 3 at least) are stupid dangerous. I don't care what anyone says, there are multiple reasons why crit racing as a 3 is a bad idea.
    bamfs said:
    Road is boring
    :(
    SAYS THE GUY DOING CIRCLES ON A SINGLE SPEED

PFFFFFF
    Yeah maybe that's a bit harsh. I donno, it just feels like a lot of riding in a peloton waiting for attacks and a final sprint. I really like the fitness that comes from it but overall it's not as fun as track for me.

Josh it's a fixed gear bicycle. It's different than a single speed bicycle. And tell me those 43 degree turns aren't like a roller coaster, I dare you. Track can be boring when you're limited to just the standard stuff, but once you start being more aggressive and using those bankings, it's so much fun. Watch Beardsley for example, he's all over the place like a kid on a playground. No one should be doing that in the 3/4/5 races but once you know your way around, and the field knows each other, it's so much fun.
    I just wish there were as many trackies as there are roadies... Those bumpy ass turns are actually the perfect deterrent, at least more so than the 43 degree banks.

I personally enjoy the downtime of a road peloton. I can make fun of Heib for wearing that disgusting ass GL kit, and shoot the shit with the few dudes who aren't too serious to say what's up during races. And I have very poor endurance, so those developing miles give me time to save energy, when people are out playing grab ass off the front.
    LOL that was amazing
  • LurveyLurvey Riding Level: 416
    edited June 2014
    WTB: could someone true a front wheel for me? front radial laced with a little bit of a hop
    edit: could pay in og 4loko
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    who can get me a cheap price on a chalupa troll fork
  • bouticrackabouticracka Riding Level: 308
    Anyone have a cheap beater ss/fixed rear wheel kickin around?
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,339
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    I've got a few as well
  • KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,356
    Anyone have a cheap beater ss/fixed rear wheel kickin around?
    Buy the set. please! they are white deep v's. $40
    WTB eng 107mm ISO loose ball BB
    WTB
    Nice bench grinder & buffer
    WTB: rear 10sp sram/shimano wheel for my cross bike. pretty cheap.
    $20 for that 28h Velocity that you sold me
    fuck, already got something.
    what like WBFS files to load on your drive to use with USBLoader?
    get the gc modded with a Xeno? or better chip + get a viper case.
    or get dat wii modded for 'homebrew'

want to buy apple2e so i can play oregon trail
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    Goddammit, I had actually had one until relatively recently too that went to an electronics recycler.

Wait, you're all trollface right now, aren't you.
    cekte said:
    wtb

cheap Shimano 105 or Ultegra level 10 speed STI shifter. Either right hand lever or pair.
    Bump
    I might have some 7800 up for grabs in a minute here, just need to figure whether I'm going hydro or not
    Oh that would be rad. Not sure those would be in the budget for me, but I would definitely be into em if so. (They're for a bike I am finishing to sell, I just want to be upfront about that)

What are you debating on replacing them with?