Lost / Stolen Bike Thread

KendraKendra Riding Level: 1,356
Let us know if your bike or bike you know of was taken. Give an in depth detailed description of the bike and we'll keep an eye out. Leave contact info!

Comments

• MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,322
    edited May 2014
    hey folks, coworker got his bike lifted. yep: no lock/overnight. it's a giant size (61+?) bikes direct sweet fixie. Color is see-through blue, has silver hammered VO fenders, an old brown suede saddle, brown batrape, cane creek brake levers / f&r brakes, brand new vittoria randos. Might possibly have a small orange ortlieb saddle bag. Bike was stolen from killingsworth/mississippi area last night. Pictures incoming but here is the photo from BD

• 26in25oz26in25oz Riding Level: 8
    rear wheel stolen last night downtown near 3rd and burnside. xtr hub laced to mavic rim. single speed setup with a bunch of plastic cassette spacers on it. bontrager tire if it's still on there.

Hit me up if a home bum tries to sell it to you. I hear the new spot is under the steele bridge.
  • parker Riding Level: 28
    My friends friend had his kona stolen a couple days ago I guess

• RickymareRickymare Riding Level: 633
    My girlfriend got her red oury grips stolen last night on W burnside and 20th. Text if you see anything.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,339
    you gotta be fucking be kidding me
    that's like pulling a used condom out of the trash cuz its still in pretty good shape
    Yeah, it very interesting...
    desperate times/desperate measures
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    Hahaha wtf.
    Sorry shouldnt be laughing, but seriously wtf
  • DuderDuder Riding Level: 218
    Jeez
    Done!
  • FamousFamous Riding Level: 100
    Parker I saw that bike downtown today around 3pm. On 10th. Sketchy younger guy (really narrows it down)
  • parker Riding Level: 28
    My friend said here are some things to identify

1. Dent on bottom of top tube.
    2. Dent on top of bottom tube.
    3. Brand new Small Block 8 tires.
    4. Front brake cable routed through head tube (bar spin mod, not stock location)
    5. Rear brake cable wrapped around head tube a couple times (for bar spins)
    6. Kona Cowan

If anyone you know sees that bike again, can you let them know to call or text steven 541 817 6544

thanks
  • DANgerDANger Riding Level: 84
    Brad Delay had his SPECIALIZED Seattle Edition? Bike stolen a few weeks ago. Not too sure if it's rare? It's green and white. And it has some small NW like pictures on it. Idk. I guess it needed a tune up and he got another bike, but still. He works at Historic Tattoo if you see anything and want to let him know. Or holler at me on here.
    edited August 2014
    Been seeing this around lately. Hope this person finds the bikes.
  • mixtiememixtieme Riding Level: 496
    Bummer, but I dunno if I'd of put the serial number out there for all to know and use it to claim the bike as their own.
    Sales
    Receipts
    C'mon
  • KrinkKrink Riding Level: 79
    Who
    Keeps
    Those?
    C'mon
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    I've still got mine for the bike I bought new.

And since it's a Cielo, the sales receipt is probably all fancy and suitable-for-framing and shit.
    @Krink said:
    Who
    Keeps
    Those?
    C'mon
    People who spend $5k on something easily stolen/lost and want proof of ownership
    edited August 2014

My gf just asked me to post this one too. Serotta Davis Phinney with full Shimano 600 group. I guess there were 5 other bikes stolen from this person's house as well.
    Owner's name is Kyle and he works at Albina Press up on Hawthorne just up from 50th, next to Sapphire Hotel.
    man if im spending 5k on a bike the seller better keep a copy of the invoice and serial number.
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    What part of town was that Serotta taken from?

Related note: has anyone else heard the conspiracy theory of the underground bike theft network, ran by an obvious piece of shit in north Portland? Apparently there's like a main kingpin kinda guy, who allegedly buys bikes from junkies and shitbags alike, and sells them to people overseas?
    there was a smuggling operation busted a while back that was sending surly's over to Japan, both stolen and bought from QBP, because they're super popular and super expensive over there
    Well this guy has a name like "Billy Bike" or something, and has hired people who will pick up stolen bikes, from whoever steals them, in designated alleys and shit... Allegedly
  • CekteCekte Riding Level: 1,167
    Woah, wtf. More info please
    Yeah that's pretty much all I know. Kate said a WBW customer told her all of this. Apparently guy's shit had been stolen a few times, and one day he asked a sketchy dude with an obviously stolen bike, where all the stolen bikes "disappear" to, and sketchy dude spilled the beans. Seems super elaborate and farfetched, and maybe the dude was trippin balls and making shit up, but it would explain where all these bikes randomly disappear to... Except Jerbro's CAAD9