Gear/Apparel/etc thread

bicyclefunkbicyclefunk Riding Level: 667
I don't see this.
Now I do.

Recommendations for commuter rain pants/shoe covers?
Wondering if someone makes an all in one things where you can put some sort of easy on/off rainguard for your pants and shoes.

Comments

• philpotphilpot Riding Level: 218
    Garbage bags and elastic bands?
  • bicyclefunkbicyclefunk Riding Level: 667
    @philpot said:
    Garbage bags and elastic bands?
    Normally, yes. But I'm looking for an everyday solution.

• MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,259
    edited November 2015
    Novara has (had?) some decent $45 overpants. Plus REI warranty

PI amfib tights are great thermal tights for 1.5 seasons (or until the water repellant wears off) and for sub-60deg days.

If wearing bike shoes get some bike overshoes. I do not have any recommendations. The showers pass shoe covers are meh. Louis garneau are meh (but cheap) as well.

Let me know if you have something good.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,302
    :bz
    anyone know where I can get a good deal on darn tough socks?
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 821
    I've had the best luck with these for overshoes. Yeah they're spendy but at least I can somewhat feel my toes after a 4-5 hour road ride in ~35 degrees.
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,364
    I think thats the average price for any overshoe that lasts ≥1 season
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 871
    Lol'd
    That's pretty great
  • JasonSJasonS Riding Level: 80
    Showers Pass Skyline soft shell pants are my preferred rain/winter pant. They're a good temperature point and feel ideal around 40-55 degrees.
    I buy a lot of clothes from these guys, swrve.us/ because I know them personally and their clothes are great and reasonably priced. Some stuff is made in Los Angeles(blk_label) others made in other places that they have connections with India, etc.

I assume there are some similar businesses around here that make clothes. Could someone refer me to places I should check out?
  • KrinkKrink Riding Level: 79
    My mom makes hammer pants
    @Krink said:
    My mom makes hammer pants
    yeah, I'm not talking to your mom anymore

• jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,302
    patagonia needs to start making their jackets in the "dirt brown with oil stain" colorway, because that's what it's going to turn into
    Winter glove recommendations? I only have to ride some 4 miles, but the commute is in the dark hours and today my digits actually hurt, and I had two sets of gloves on! (Defeet wool, and sealskinz)
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,259
    There are these neoprene pearl izumi ones that my friends like, but they turn into wet sauna
    Ibex makes some great gloves if it isn't super wet and stays above 25°
    Anything worse than that and you would need a liner and rain glove arrangement I would assume.