Anyone want to ride/hang... Chill?

Comments

• jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,339
    edited March 2015
    you shit birds should show up to ^ that ^ if you care about mountain biking, shit birds!

Monday, March 16 at 4:00pm

"Show your disdain, show your disgust, show your disinterest in a political process that isn't interested in you. We'll be riding Riverview as a large, organized, well-mannered group on the first day of the ban. We'll meet at the top, at the corner of SW Palatine Hill and Brugger Rd."

SW Palatine Hill Rd & SW Brugger St Portland, OR 97219
    actually if you care about biking anywhere at all ever you should show up to that
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    Ahhh the zipcode i grew up in.
    Everyone needs to go get fuckin muddin because i will be stuck at work.
  • rock_deathrock_death Riding Level: 395
    I'm gonna ride Trask river road to Tillamook tomorrow, maybe sleep on the beach and ride home Monday
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,322
    100k tomorrow am, 730 at marsee in Sellwood.
    There are some greybeards rising but I will probably drop them midway. It's gonna rain.
    Don't be a wussy
  • rofljenrofljen Riding Level: 2,439
    let's go mountain biking
    yeah @jerry I am planning to be there but there's no riding. I only have my shitty 1fg anyway
    actually I might not be there cause wtf 4PM? Don't people have jobs?
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    @rofljen said:
    actually I might not be there cause wtf 4PM? Don't people have jobs?
    You've lived here at least as long as I have. You know the answer to that.
    hahaha
  • whitefolkswhitefolks Riding Level: 192
    it's portland so 4pm means the cool kids will show up around 6:30
    I'm getting there at 9:15
    but they won't be on the news so they better get there on time or they're not cool anymore
  • bicyclefunkbicyclefunk Riding Level: 711
    If this forum is anything like LAF nobody actually rides bikes, but on the off chance -does anyone want to ride?
    I'm essentially on vacation until the 30th.
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    Haha
  • TheDudeTheDude Riding Level: 875
    Rolled out to Sauvies today and then climbed Rocky Butte. I prefer to ride alone.
    So saturday in the oregon rando populaire - 100k. Anybody interested about learning about randoneurring?
    Me, I am. Rickey's?
    wtf is there to learn, you get a fancy steel bike, put a big box shaped bag on the front, and ride 60 miles with some old farts who won't shut up about 650b
    If this forum is anything like LAF nobody actually rides bikes, but on the off chance -does anyone want to ride?
    I'm essentially on vacation until the 30th.
    I WANNA FUCKING RIDE BECAUSE I RIDE BIKES
    (MOSTLY JUST BECAUSE I HAVE TO PROVE THAT MY FORUM IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER REGIONAL FIXED GEAR FORUMS)
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    I thought we didn't do group rides. Are we doing group rides now?
  • DuderDuder Riding Level: 218
    One thing I do not get about Rando: why do they have the shorter distance rides? 60 miles maybe requires a single water bottle and a powerbar. What if you show up to the 100k and just blast it as fast as you can on your race bike? Is Rando a race or not? Even at some of the longer distances, the bags and lights seem like overkill when you could just hammer it.
    Well, 100 is a populaire. It's for people to come out and see what it's like. Yes, hammering. It's not a race but there is a passive aggressive element to finishing quickly. I generally finish in the faster groups. You don't "need" lights and a vest for a 200 but sometimes the rides start before sunrise or one thing leads to another and you end up finishing after dark. Most of the roads on brevets (2-3-4-600+km) are less populated but have a higher likelihood of big stupid trucks with bigger stupider rednecks behind the wheel.
    I'll start a rando thread later today
    Is there a touring thread? Because a touring/rando/etc thread would make sense.

Anyways I just want to ride bikes. I've done Leif Erickson, sw corridor>205>marine Dr, Cornell to skyline (west) so far.
    If you have a good ride I'll meet anytime. I'm by peninsula park, can meet wherever though
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    Keep exploring; you're on the right track. There's a lot of garbage miles on your way to Estacada and the gorge, but the rides are totally awesome once you get to the goods.

And the NW is also good, once you get up and over skyline. Check out North Plains and the West Union/Helvetia part of town.
    there are no "garbage miles" you fool, you just havent learned to appreciate life yet.
    babahahahahha

just ride your bike and dgaf