Alleycats

MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,322
edited July 2015 in Races
talk about them here

Comments

• jnerulajnerula Riding Level: 649
    How do I win one
  • tvcbtvcb Riding Level: 1,388
    Good seeing everyone at the cat yesterday.
    another alleycat slated for next monday to be thrown by whoever that new guy that won last night is.
    fun/10
  • rofljenrofljen Riding Level: 2,439
    Why does this happen on a night that I race bikes at PIR
  • rofljenrofljen Riding Level: 2,439
    I want to be the lady winner
  • bschultzbschultz Riding Level: 383
    Can someone explain delta9 racing and in particular why their stickers are of such poor quality
  • LurveyLurvey Riding Level: 416
    edited July 2015
    @bschultz said:
    Can someone explain delta9 racing and in particular why their stickers are of such poor quality
    delta 9 is Ben, who is a cool dude. he basically gives most of them away for free, so probably why they're cheap. his patches are super cool though.
  • MiguelMiguel Riding Level: 2,322
    Lol Kyle Murphy is our hero
    I 100% like that one.

Monday was cool. Lots of new people, good vibes. New fast guy from SF won the race. Probably best turn out to a non-annual alleycat in like +2 years. If anyone wanted to throw a race, now seems like a good time.
  • jerryjerry Riding Level: 4,338
    maybe i should do that barrel race thing i never did
    edited July 2015
    i would also like to see a figure-8 race down at the PCC Climb parking lot over by OMSI

4 racers at a time, 4 laps, winners and losers brackets so everyone gets to race an equal number of times
  • JoshJosh Riding Level: 824
    That intersection could/would be the ultimate variable to that race... Would love to watch
    all my ideas are born from a frustration with the inability to spectate easily. the 8-race solves that by putting all the action in one single spot and the barrel race puts the start/finish on the same mine
    If thats how you draw a dick on a map then i would challenge your reference
    Another weekly monday evening alleycat coming up.
    Congrats to this weeks winner Nick, with the three minute victory over Damien
    3$ entry .
    summers 3rd base line at 7pm
    winner gets the pot, prizes possible (cant make it? Throw in some swag, Be a sponser)
    @tvcb said:
    winner gets the pot
  • wookiewookie Riding Level: 1,146
    Not a big fan of The New Portland, but I love The New Oregon.
    "Way to be fast on a bicycle. Here's a big ol' bag of weed."
    Shit, ill throw an eighth in if it gets some of you sadsacks to nut up and race.
    Maybe you should post something on Portland's premiere fixed-gear and single speed website _before_ the event actually happens? Seen a bunch of "Hey, that alleycat the other day was great! Congrats to whoever for winning" posts lately. Your post up there ^^^ is the first one I've seen in a long while for an upcoming alleycat.
    Theres an alleycat tonight, too. It's put on every two weeks on Thursday by these guys: https://twitter.com/gorillapdx
    That alleycat will be shut down pretty quick by the way he is promoting it. No matter what he says he is still liable.

Im not on facebook or instagram or any of that garbage which is apparently where the rest of the word is being spread. At the point where i know about an alleycat its because some stopped riding their bike and told me in the street or at a coffee stop. I have to imagine there are far more people who know about these events and don't share the details than people who legitimately would show up to such an event if they knew.

Sharing is caring, buddies.
    If only there was some kind of website for stuff like this
  • mixtiememixtieme Riding Level: 496
    Ya know, I just bussed pass that park. I didn't see no bodies.
    told gorillapdx dude to post on here, who is in charge of the monday shizzles?
    Winner of the race throws next weeks race. This will be the third real race. 24 participants when YungFixy showed up, 10 racers last week.
    can you get a longer hashtag on there
    #PDXMONDAYNIGHTALLEYCATVOLUMEIV727STARTFINISHCOLONELCUMMERSMEET700RACE745PENISLOCKPHONE3ENTRYWINNERTAKEALLTHROWSNEXTRACEALLAREWELCOMEALLBIKESAREWELCOME
    I hear theres some alleycat tomorrow night but I don't know anything about it other than it starts at midnight. Anyone know anything?